Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Just another day in Paradise!

I don't know about you, but sometimes I have those days of utter lack of motivation. When I say sometimes I really mean 90% of the time. I love my daughter with every bit of my life, but she tests me everyday. I have to say from the moment she wakes up till sundown shes ripping up my house. I have had talks, charts, deals, and just plain reasoning to make her understand that we have to pick up our mess! To no prevail nothing sinks in. I have come to the conclusion that the Lord has blessed me with a child to teach me patients. Now I'm not talking about the kind of patients of a parent with a well behaved child that is learning direction. I'm talking about a child that makes you want to rip your hair out of your head! I understand that God doesn't give us more then we can handle but come on! I would love one day that she doesn't dress the dogs in her clothes, paint a picture on the bathroom wall with my nail polish, and this list could go on and on...... But I love her. She is smart, funny, creative, and very outgoing. There are some days when I wish the Lord would just let me do alone with no husband, child, dogs, cats, and whatever else that's living in this house right now. Does this make me a bad mom? Is it wrong to ask for alone time? I think having time to yourself makes you a better parent. I use to think if I wasn't consumed in my family that I was a bad mom. I wouldn't trade that for the world, but every mom deserves to have some alone time, even with all the paradise as for as the eye can see! Have a blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment