Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Expectations

I was thinking this morning about my dreams I had when I was younger.I always thought I would have a huge house, husband, children, lots of money and be a Renaissance woman. I was feeling really disappointed lately with my life. I was asking God " What did I do to deserve so many trials and loss, but as you know God doesn't make mistakes. He gave me more then I ever wanted when I was younger minus the money.  I wasn't seeing the treasure right in front of me. I live in an old church, He gave me a husband that loves me unconditionally and provides for me, blessed with a little girl with her own personality, and as for the money it comes and goes. It never stays long, but that's okay. We were never that good of friends. Could I be the kind of woman that is never satisfied? This sounds like most of the women in my life. God is breaking me down to show me that everything I complain about I asked for. I have an idea that maybe its not that everything is wrong, but maybe I am? I did a search on Google looking for a passage about changing others and the only thing that comes up is How to change your heart, or don't compare yourself with others. God works in mysterious ways sometimes. I have allowed myself to be disappointed by my decisions. We can't expect to be happy or expect things to change by doing the same things over and over that make us unhappy. Things will stay the same. And as for the losses in my life, well this is part of living life. We are here to learn to love God  and to touch others along the way. I have allowed expectations for cloud the treasures I have for far too long. God has been there many times and got me through hard, and sometimes painful life lessons. I'm sure hes waiting with his foot tapping asking if I'm ready to move on to a new lesson. All I can do is try to turn from expecting things to be a certain way or just being tankful for everyday He gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment